Grow with us Closed for the season for in-store shopping Open March 1, 2024
Sorry we do not mail trees
Please note that we have 100's of items not shown on this website!
Magnifying glass on the right to search.
Harvest & Storage
• For scallions: harvest when pencil size or larger, wash and trim roots, store in a bag at 36°F and 95% relative humidity
• As bulbs approach maturity, withhold water so protective paper can form
• After about half the tops have fallen, push over the remainder; wait about 1 week then harvest
• Cure in a warm (75-80°F), shaded, well-ventilated location until outer skin and necks are dry, then trim tops, leaving one inch above the bulb
• Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area
• Check occasionally and immediately remove any sprouting or rotting onions
5064 Milford Road, East Stroudsburg, PA
in-store shopping closed until March 1, 2024
Seth H. Richards
Locally owned and Family Operated Since 1932.
Dr. John Richards established Richards Tree Farm in Middle Smithfield, PA as an evergreen farm. Building on those roots, his Great Grandson, Seth Hastings Richards, has grown the farm into a full service Garden Center and Landscape installation business for the past 25 years. The farm specializes in Organic Gardening, Edible, Native, and Unique plants.